New Year’s is the only holiday that celebrates the passage of time. Perhaps that’s why, as the final seconds of this year tick away, we become introspective. Inevitably, that introspection turns to thoughts of self-improvement and the annual ritual of making New Year’s Resolutions. New Year’s Resolutions offer the first of many important tools for remaking ourselves.
Just like resolutions and the new year go hand-in-hand, so do resolutions and failure. According to the Opinion Corp. of Princeton, N.J., about 45 percent of Americans will set goals come the first of January, but only 8 percent of them will accomplish those goals.
“Resolutions are more sustainable when shared, both in terms of with whom you share the benefits of your resolution, and with whom you share the path of maintaining your resolution. Peer-support makes a difference in success rate with new year’s resolutions”. According to Gretchen Rubin (author of best-seller “The Happiness Project”): “You hit a goal, you achieve a goal. You keep a resolution”.
So let’s choose a goal that has some real benefit. Let’s choose a goal that is deserved of us – that is not only worth our hard work, but worthy of it too.
10 reasons to resolve to buy a FIAT 500 in 2012:
- The Fiat Brand, founded in 1899, has won the ‘Car of the Year’ title twelve times, more than any other car manufacturer in the world.
- The 2012 Fiat 500 has earned ‘best in class’ performance for fuel efficiency. For the manual transmission car, Fiat North America released EPA fuel economy specs of 30mpg city and 38mpg highway with a combined rating of 33mpg. This is a best in class performance. The Fiat 500 with an automatic transmission earned a rating of 27mpg city and 34mpg highway with a combined 30mpg. Again, a best in class performance.
- In May 2011, The Texas Auto Writers Association announced its annual Spring Round Up award winners. After reviewing 50 vehicles, the Fiat 500 received two of the competitions eight awards: Best New Design and Best Value. It was the only car out of the 50 to receive two awards.
- The Fiat 500 was named the #1 coolest car under $18,000 by Kelly Blue Book in their “Best, Coolest and Top 10 Lists” competition. In their “Top 10 Coolest Car List”, Kelly was looking for “…the select few, the cars that not only do everything you want and need a car to do, but also do it in an engaging and enjoyable manner, like the friend you have that’s “just fun to be around.” (June 2011)
- In July 2011, the Fiat 500c Cabrio was given the “Best Small Convertible of the Year” Award from the Southern Automotive Media Association (SAMA), an organization that represents the South Florida automotive media community.
- The 2012 Fiat 500 has earned the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick rating. The Fiat 500′s performance in front, side, rollover, and rear tests was rated as good, the highest score.
- The Fiat 500 won the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Award for the “Hottest Sports Compact Car.” The SEMA Award honors vehicles that specialty-equipment manufacturers believe are the best platforms for accessorization and showcase this year’s most unique products. The award recognized the Fiat 500 as the “Hottest Sport Compact Car” in its category. Winning the SEMA Award is significant because it means that owners of a Fiat 500 can expect to find more aftermarket accessories and customizing options available to them compared with its competitors.
- The 2012 FIAT 500 was named a Consumers Digest “Best Buy”.
- The FIAT 500 was awarded ‘2011 Top 10 Green Car” by Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com.
- The Fiat 500 has just added another honor to its impressive résumé of awards. This time it was Men’s Journal Magazine’s ‘Gear of the Year’ award. Every year, Men’s Journal tests hundreds of new products, and then awards the finest, most innovative and game-changing products that fulfill the magazine’s creed to “live the interesting life.” The Fiat 500 was extremely honored to win the ‘Gear of the Year’ award from Men’s Journal.
And if that’s not enough reason to put buying a FIAT 500 at the top of your resolution list, here’s one more:
The end of year factory incentives are still going on…..but don’t wait too long, they will end on January 3rd. The $199 lease and other deals are going on, so don’t miss out.
Visit Safford Fiat of Fredericksburg, 4535 Lafayette Blvd, Fredericksburg, Va to find out more.
540 898 7200/ 888 904 4977
Oh….need some peer group support? Believe me, you’ve got it. Just take a look at this: